Philadelphia Country Club
1601 Spring Mill Road
Gladwyne, PA | 19035
Head Swim Coach Wanted
Swim Instructor/ Assistant Pool Manager
Philadelphia Country Club is a private club located just outside of Philadelphia in Gladwyne, Pennsylvania. We are a premier, full service, family oriented, private country club dedicated to the enjoyment of our Members, their families and guests. We offer many amenities including a fitness center, golf, squash, tennis, paddle tennis, pickleball, shooting, bowling, dining and events.
Our pool is the focal point of the Club in the summer months. Summer 2019 we completed our full renovation of the Pool and deck area to include new resort-style features. As one of the only country clubs in the region with a totally new pool, it is the kind of place where families and friends can spend the day together recreating in a relaxing environment while enjoying outstanding food and beverage choices.
The new design includes six lanes for 50 meter swimming, a 25 yard race course that allows shorter lap swim and a more casual lounging area with zero entry. The Pool is now heated, providing more comfort during the early spring, and allowing us to extend the swim season into fall weekends.
We have a great opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a Head Swim Coach position. PCC swims in the Country Club Swimming Association and the team consists of more than 100 age group swimmers.
The Head Swim Coach plans, directs, trains, coaches, manages and supervises the Club's swim team and coaching staff in a positive and proactive leadership role. Provides confidence and support to the team's participants as well as encourages children to join the team. Plans, directs, leads swim clinics, lessons, team practices, coordinates team meets at the Club and attends meets with team participants. Head Swim Coach reports to the Athletics' Director.
The Head Swim Coach will be responsible for providing weekly swim lessons to PCC Members as well as additional clinics to help grow the swim program at PCC. A competitive compensation will be provided for lessons and clinics taught. The Head Swim Coach will be part of the Pool management team and will have a set weekly schedule.
This position will be highly visible amongst the membership. The Head Swim Coach is a seasonal salaried position which is expected to start in mid May and end July 31st. This is a salary, exempt position with swim lesson and class commission. Daily complimentary staff meals included.
- Well organized, outgoing, energetic individual with strong people skills.
- Possess current pool certifications (water safety, lifeguarding, CPR, AED, first aid)
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, training and running a swim team.
- A self-motivated leader with good organization and management skills.
- Strong teaching skills and the ability to offer the membership swim lessons and clinics.
- Attend all swim team events such as meets, meetings, social events, etc.
- Assist with planning pool and Swim Team related events
- Hiring, training, scheduling and delegating responsibilities to coaches.
- Ability to create a coaching team/staff meeting the standards of a premier club.
- Assist with daily and ongoing maintenance and cleanliness of the pool facility and equipment working alongside the Pool Experience Manager.
- Dependable person who has the ability to work independently or in a team environment in order to accomplish goals.
- Acts as "Manager on Deck" as needed.
- Submits requests and suggestions for equipment to the Athleticsï¿½ Director.
- Work with the Athletics' Director forecasting and budgeting.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- Familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining swimming.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, together with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Computer Skills
- Flexible work schedule and availability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
If Interested please apply with resume and cover letter to:
Nigel Thain | Director of Athletics